Speak Up for Safety! PSA Video Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THE SPEAK UP FOR SAFETY! PSA VIDEO CONTEST, YOU AFFIRMATIVELY AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MATERIAL GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MATERIAL GUIDELINES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
1. Contest Timing: The Speak Up for Safety! PSA Video Contest (the "Contest") begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on March 31, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 10, 2015 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest Period consists of an Entry Period (the "Entry Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. ET on March 31, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 12, 2015, a Voting Period (the "Voting Period") which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on March 31, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2015, and a Judging Period (the"Judging Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. ET on May 20, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 26, 2015.
2. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia between 13 and 18 years of age ("Entrant"). Entrant must comply with any requirements of the Official Rules and Material Guide lines including having a parent or guardian sign and submit any required documentation in order for the Entrant to receive a prize. The term Winner applies only to the Entrant. Employees of The National Center of Missing and Exploited Children®, (“Sponsor”) their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses,parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. For the purposes of the Contest, participation includes being the Entrant or aparticipant featured in the Entry Material. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Entry Period, you may access the Contest at http://www.netsmartz.org/contest (the "Site"). Once on the Site, complete the on-screen registration form and download the “Entry Packet.”Registration information provided and the video submitted shall collectively be referred to as the "Entry" or "Entry Material. "Your Entry must adhere to the Entry Material Guidelines and the Official Rules. Entries must be complete to be eligible. By submitting a video, you attest that all participants featured in the video have completed the release form in the Entry Packet and if participant is a minor, their parent or legal guardian has completed the release form on their behalf. You will be required to submit the release form as part of the Entry. Limit one Entry per Entrant. If additional entries are submitted from Entrant only the first entry will be eligible. Sponsor will review Entry and Entry Material to ensure compliance with the Official Rules. If approved by Sponsor, Entry will be posted online approximately 24 to 72 hours after submission.
Entry Material Guidelines:
· Videos must be in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, 3GP, and 3G2; must be under 200MB and must be no shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds.
· Videos may include animals or inanimate objects. If a video contains an animal, animal must be depicted in a safe manner where the animal appears unharmed.
· Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
· E ntry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups or charitable organizations, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entry must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
· Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, tortuous, slanderous, libelous, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, or mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and will disqualify Entrant.
· Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with, or competitors of, Sponsor.
· Entry must adhere to the Entry Material Guidelines and the entire Official Rules of the Contest. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor does not guarantee that Entrant will have any recourse through Sponsor to edit or delete any Entry Material that is submitted.
· Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All Entries received will be reviewed and approved for compliance with the Official Rules by Sponsor.
4. Online Voting: All approved Entries will be posted on the Site and will be subject to voting by visitors to the Site during the Voting Period, which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on March 31, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2015. Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Site each day during the Voting Period and vote for their favorite Entry. Limit one (1) vote per Entry, per person, per day. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting. Any attempt by any person to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, incentives not sponsored by Sponsor, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, shall give Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify Entrant from Contest. All Entrants and the votes each Entrant receives are subject to verification by Contest Administrator, and must meet all eligibility requirements before Entrant may be confirmed as a winner of any prize.
5. Judging to Determine the Winners: The first, second and third place winners will be determined by Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges") based on the following criteria: Content ( 20%); Persuasive effect (20%); Creativity (20%); Technical production(20%); and Public Votes from the Voting Period (20%). All eligible Entries will be judged from 12:01 a.m. ET on May 20, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. ET on May 26,2015. In the event of a tie, Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winner will be notified by email/mail on or about May 29, 2015.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV’s"): First Place prize - $500.00 USD, Second Place prize - $350.00 USD, Third Place prize - $150.00 USD, awarded in the form of a gift card. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of Winner. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to Winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
7. Winner Notification: Each potential Winner will be notified by email after the judging has been completed. Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility within seven (7) days of notification in order to receive the prize. If prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential Winner fails to return the required verification documents within the required document return period, an alternate potential Winner will be determined, time permitting.
8. General Rules: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Winner’s name, likeness and Entry Material for promotional and advertising purposes, in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of thee-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Contest or by any human error which may occur. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel Contest if any aspect of Contest becomes technically corrupted, and select Winners based on votes received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies and respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in Contest or the awarding of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in Contest or use or redemption of prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
9. Release and Grant of Rights: By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant, grants to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the "Licensed Entities") a non- exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry Material, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or here after discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, with out any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of any Entry Material constitutes Entrant’s agreement that Sponsor is permitted (but are not obligated) to display Entry Material online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on Licensed Entities’ web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate Entry Material in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute Entry Material in all media whether now known or later developed.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby releases and discharges, on behalf of itself and its successors, assigns and representatives, the Sponsor and each of its respective officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Entry, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity and persona, and/or defamation. Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will Entrant be entitled to, and waives any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with (i) use of such Entry Material as permitted here under or (ii) the exploitation of any of Sponsor’s rights here under. Entrant understands that Sponsor is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in permitting it to submit Entry Material. Entrant acknowledges that it may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein. Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Virginia.
10. Winner: For a list of winners, available after June 10,2015, visit http://www.netsmartz.org/contest
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children®, 699 Prince St., Alexandria, VA 22314.