The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Photograph, Videotape, and/or Sound Recording
Authorization and Release
As parent and/or legal guardian of the above-named child (the “Child”), I hereby authorize the Child’s participation and performance in a series of videos titled Club UYN, NetSmartz How-To, Real-Life Stories, Teens Talk Back and/or NSTeens from the NetSmartz Workshop (the “Videos”).
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Child, I hereby grant to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (“NCMEC”) and its licensee, assigns and successors in interest all rights, title and interest, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in and to the Child’s performance, appearance, name, voice, and the results and proceeds thereof in connection with production of the Videos, including without limitation (i) any photograph(s), (ii) videotape(s), (iii) other media material, and/or (iv) sound recording(s) of the Child that NCMEC has developed or will develop of the Child on the following date: Nov 16, 2012 and Dec 5, 2012.
On my own behalf and on behalf of the Child:
- I hereby authorize NCMEC (i) to photograph and record (on film, tape, digital media, or any other media) the performance; (ii) to edit the performance and, in NCMEC’s sole discretion, to include it with the performances of others and with sound effects, special effects and music; (iii) to incorporate the performance into the Videos, or not, as NCMEC might see fit; (iv) to use and license others to use such photographs and recordings in any manner or media whatsoever, including, without limitation, unrestricted use for purposes of publicity, advertising, fundraising and education; and (v) to use the Child’s name, likeness, voice, biographic or other information in connection with the Videos or for any other purpose.
- I acknowledge that NCMEC owns all rights to such photographs, videotapes, other media material, sound recordings and any other content resulting from the Videos, including without limitation the right to any and all copyrights and any extensions or renewals thereof, and I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product to which they may be applied.
- I acknowledge that any content developed in connection with the Videos may be used by NCMEC for the purpose of promoting safety and awareness and the prevention of child victimization online.
- I hereby release and discharge NCMEC, its employees, officers, directors, volunteers, licensees, designees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, actions, and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photograph(s), videotape(s), other media material, and/or sound recording(s) , including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, and libel.
- I acknowledge that neither I nor the Child expect any remuneration or compensation from NCMEC or from any other person or entity for the right and permission to use the photographs, videotapes, other media material, sound recordings, and/or the content resulting from the Videos, as I grant such right and permission because of my desire to help NCMEC in its mission to find missing children and end child exploitation.
I represent that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older, that I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the Child, that I have the legal authority to sign this Authorization and Release on behalf of the Child, and that I have read this document and fully understand its contents.